Search our Careers Career Center FAQs LoginSystems Administrator - AIX and LINUX
The Systems Administrator – AIX and Linux provides daily support for management of all AIX and Linux systems including operating system upgrades, storage and volume management, and hardware maintenance. The incumbent in this position manages operating system installation and administration of all AIX environments in the Data Center. Primary responsibilities include upgrading AIX environments as new APARs or Tech levels become available, providing backout plans for any scheduled upgrades or maintenance, and providing AIX level storage management including provisioning volume groups, logical volumes, and physical disk management. Additional requirements include leveraging shared storage to extend volume groups as needed, maintaining NIM environment including package maintenance, centralized MKSYSB backups and operating system images, and troubleshooting environmental and performance issues utilizing AIX troubleshooting tools and data from the Solarwinds monitoring system. The successful candidate will also administer the VIO environment including provisioning physical and shared disks to LPARs, provisioning virtual adapters for client LPARs, and managing configurations that facilitate partition mobility. This position also manages the operating system installation and administration of all corporate and store Linux environments including desktops and servers. This includes providing Linux storage management utilizing best practices for volume group creation and LUN assignment as well as creating and maintaining bash and ksh scripts that automate operating system functions in both Linux and AIX environments. Linux distributions include CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu, Oracle Linux and SUSE.
Education (Minimum Required): A minimum of an Associate’s degree in Computer Science or another relevant field. Equivalent technical training/business experience may be substituted.
Experience (Minimum Required):
• Three or more years of experience in AIX administration
• One to two years’ experience with VIO environments
• One to two years’ experience with Linux administration
• One to two years’ experience administering Linux in a VMware environment
• Knowledge of SAN environment, preferably NetApp
• Familiarity with Linux and Unix NetApp Snapdrive tools
• Familiarity with IBM Power Servers (5, 6, and 7 series) a plus
Specialized Knowledge Needed For Performance of Job:
• Broad knowledge of multiple technical environments, platforms, and interfaces.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Linux and AIX Operating System environments as well as best practices to implement new systems.
• Ability and willingness to learn additional operating systems such as Microsoft Windows.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Able to effectively utilize resources throughout the organization and external vendors.
• Self-motivated, well organized, and strong innovation skills.
• Maintains a positive attitude and demonstrates professionalism and a commitment to corporate success.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)