Binghamton NY US 13901
% of Travel Required :
Job Type :
Career Level :
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
High School or equivalent
From 25,000 To 45,000 USD Per Year
Job Description :
Welcome to Weis Markets, a growing company with stores in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and West Virginia. We are an incorporated company that has competed and succeeded since 1912. Harry and Sigmund Weis founded Weis Markets when they opened a small neighborhood store known as Weis Pure Foods in Sunbury, Pennsylvania. Today, Weis Markets employs approximately 18,000 associates in 162 stores. We also operate a distribution center in Milton, PA as well as dairy, meat processing and ice cream plants located in Sunbury.
Here we focus on supporting our local farmers and maintaining sustainable, environmentally friendly practices. In fact, Weis Markets is now one of the largest purchasers of Pennsylvania produce and dairy products. For more information on our Sustainability please go to http://www.weismarkets.com/about-weis/sustainability/
Weis Markets rests on five values for success: Teamwork, Respect, Excellence, Accountability and Passion. Our Mission is to deliver an exceptional shopping experience by offering the best service, value, quality and freshest products while being good stewards of our environment and giving back to the communities we serve. The Weis Markets Vision is to become the #1 supermarket in our communities by offering the most inviting buying environment in the industry while saving our customers time and money and building our brand to premier status.
If you are a self motivated and results driven person who enjoys interacting with others, Weis Markets may be the exciting, fast paced environment you are looking for to begin or continue your career.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Manager Trainee position to prepare for Assistant Produce Manager or Produce Manager positions. Provides leadership in the Produce Department by directing and managing all associate activities including their training, orders raw product and supplies for the department and implements merchandizing initiatives that promote sales, while meeting customer requirements and maximizing profits.
Supervises all associates in Produce Department, which includes the salad bar. In some stores also manages the Floral Department. Specific number of associates depends upon store.
Works in normal store environment where there is limited physical discomfort, although goes into coolers. Interacts with customers and associates daily.
• Lifting and carrying over 60lbs. • Operating equipment (baler, power jack). • Bending, reaching and grasping. • Standing for extended periods and walking. • Some tolerance for stress. • Hearing (Auditory)
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDES:
• Medical Insurance Plans• Vision Care • Prescription Drug Coverage • Dental Care • Disability Benefits • Life Insurance Benefits • 401K Plan • Holidays/Personal Days • Vacation • Quarterly Incentive Program
Job Requirements :
• Manages department inventories by tracking weekly sales reports and orders product and supplies so as to meet customer requirements and the company’s gross profit goals.
• Schedules all produce associates, oversees and assists with their training, rewards and recognizes their performance and delegates their work assignments so as to most effectively utilize their talents and abilities while maximizing profits for the department.
• Develops and implements localized merchandising plan for the department, sets up and creates displays for new and seasonal items as well as items that are tied-in with other department promotions, in order to meet the sales and profit objectives of the store and the department.
• Prepares, maintains and tracks all types of records concerning inventories to calculate gross monthly profits according to company guidelines.
• Follows established departmental procedures for receiving merchandise including inspecting the product when delivered, pricing the product and restocking cases to insure freshness and quality, accuracy and product rotation.
• Controls department expenses by improving operations and efficiencies, by controlling labor costs and by reducing losses due to shrinkage and pilferage.
• Maintains effective housekeeping program. Keeps merchandise clean and fresh so as to meet all health department regulations, pass sanitation inspections and meet company standards. Ensures that associates work and operate equipment in a safe manner at all times, complying with OSHA requirements. Insures compliance with local, state and government weights and measures laws.
• Develops and maintains communications with other departments in order to devise marketing plans, which will help meet the financial objectives of the store. Keeps Store Manager fully informed of these actions.
• Identifies areas in the Produce Department where improvement in customer service is required, then implements changes and procedures to address these needs.
• Maintains accurate records on all important matters, including associate performance and discipline, sales plans, etc.
• Also performs duties of staff as required.
• Note: This description represents a significant sampling of tasks performed, responsibilities and job knowledge required, however, it is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
Good leadership skills to direct the work of others. Strong oral and written communication skills for dealing with customers, associates and vendors, above average analytical skills to understand and interpret various reports. Some knowledge of computers.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)